Alumni Association Board - Other Volunteer Opportunities
Update your address, email and career information directly on our Alumni Directory.
Get to know your Alumni Association Board members and learn about our Upcoming Events!
Make your Annual Fund gift first each year! Read the Annual Fund brochure and be comfortable with current information about the School.
Be informed about the Annual Fund drive, and know your facts about the school. Information will be available to you.
WE ARE ALL FUNDRAISERS
Write a letter and/or email note, or make telephone calls on behalf of the school.
Remember, you are not asking for yourself – you are asking for all RE students and faculty! We ask Alumni to support our mission, support our students and support our faculty.
BE THE ‘INFORMATION BRIDGE’
Classmates love to send class notes and news – soliciting this information also helps in soliciting gifts. Deadlines for inclusion in the Alumni Log are January 31 and May 31.
Share information for Events, Reunions, and other school news with your classmates. All class-wide emails must be approved by the VP of Alumni Association Board.
Help us find "lost" Alumni – call or email other classmates and send updated contact info to the Alumni Relations Office.
It can be a great help, and more fun, with a few classmates to assist you. Let us know who is on your team so that team members can receive pertinent communications and credit for their help.
TRY TO CREATE A TEAM
You may be asked to split up your class alphabetically if there are two or more Class Agents per class.
WHERE TO START
1) Always CCthe VP on the class-wide emails.
2) Write or email all your classmates introducing yourself as their Class Agent. Ask them to keep the School informed with interesting news they may want to share for the Alumni Log Class Notes. Ask them to go online and update their contact information through RE’s online directory.
3) Your Decade Chair will ask you to be in touch with your Classes following Annual Fund mailings (September, December and February), to follow up on the mailings and encourage participation in the Annual Fund.
4) Decade Chairs will also be in touch with you following Alumni Association Board meetings to keep you up-to-date. You may be asked to communicate with your Classes following those updates.
5) As you talk with and work with classmates, try to identify those who would make good Class Agents in the future as well as those who might act as local or regional volunteers for other aspects of alumni or school activities.
6) Identify resources: Let the school know about alumni who could offer expertise, access, or other forms of unique support – networking, internships for students or alumni, entrepreneurs, consultants, teachers, marketing experts, travel agents, etc.
If you are unable to fulfill the duties of Class Agent, please let us know so that we may find another Agent.
Thank you for your support of Ransom Everglades!